Tuesday, March 2, 2010

in the beginning

Why would anyone pay extra for their fruits and vegetables? Because those aren’t just any ordinary apples, they are Organic apples. And how do we as consumers know that they are Organic, because the sticker on them says so.
I think that every consumer shopper today has experienced a situation similar to this in the past few years while perusing the isles of their local grocery store. More and more we are seeing things being promoted as healthier merely because they are labled as Organic. I was definetly one of those shoppers, who quickly dismissed boxes of Organic macaronni and cheese or peanut butter as silly or over priced without really understanding what the term Organic meant or how it could be beneficial. Over the past year, I began my own personal journey into the unknown world of Organic/Natural foods with no preconceived knowledge or feelings. As a result of my quest for knowledge, I believe that i came out all the better and wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment